- Birthplace: Manila
- First Yoga Class: April 2010
- Favourite Pose: Standing Bow Pulling Pose – anything that makes me feel like a graceful gazelle is my favourite.
- Most Challenging Yoga Pose: Standing Head to Knee – It never gets easy but every little effort is totally worth it.
- Biggest Challenge on the Mat: to stay absolutely still in between postures
- Biggest Challenge off the Mat: waking up early because I love to stay up late
Bikram Yoga Instructor
I took my first Bikram Yoga class in April 2010. It was hot, I got dizzy, I struggled, I sat a lot of times but the feeling after my first class is incomparable to anything I’ve ever felt. It’s like a layer of my being has been awakened that no matter how long I’ve been away, a seed has been planted and I know I will always come back to try it again. It only took a few sessions for me to realize that I want to teach this yoga. I used to work in a BPO/call center environment. Although it’s a high paying job, it never really gave me the true fulfillment I’ve been looking for. I always dreamed of doing something that I enjoy so much it doesn’t seem like work. The more I practiced, the more I was convinced that Bikram yoga is the most worthwhile occupation for me. I would like to help other people discover the physical and mental healing power of this yoga.
I finally went to teacher training in Los Angeles, California in the Spring of 2014. I spent those four years since I started to establish a regular practice–attending the Early Bird class after my graveyard shift–and to save up. It was a huge investment all in all but everything is so much worth it. It also gave me a lot of time to explore other things that I always wanted to do but never had the chance to do so. I always loved to create beautiful things with my hands so in my free time I also make handcrafted accessories like bracelets, necklaces and earrings. You can check it out in Facebook and Instagram: @vermzcruz.
“Follow your dreams. Make time for it. Because in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.”